TechItalia can deliver bespoke acceleration programmes for corporates and public administrations.
Why the UK and London?
London is the 3rd global tech startup ecosystem.
The UK continues its strong momentum, with startups raising $7.9 Billion in 2018 ($0.5 Bn in Italy) and consistently creating the most tech exits in the past five years.
Bespoke Open Innovation for Corporates
Large corporations cannot rely anymore solely on their market share and internal knowledge to stay ahead of the competition. Through open innovation, corporations can benefit from the ideas generated from the startups they work with while providing startups with business opportunities and expertise.
We help corporates by implementing digital transformation processes in 3 ways:
- Open Innovation by:
- helping corporates assessing their future needs
- Scouting and vetting innovative startups
- Delivering corporate acceleration programmes.
2. Intrapreneurship programmes: Trainings to promote an innovation-mindset within the workforce
3. Internal innovation programmes: Activities to generate and develop ideas within an organisation with the support of successful entrepreneurs.
These programmes are for Italian and UK corporates and can be run both in Italy and in the UK depending on the needs.
TechItalia has created the largest network of Italians involved in tech in the UK. We have supported 74 companies so far within our acceleration programme and we have a database of over 2,000 startups and scaleups.
Our Alumni have worked with American Express, AWS, BT, Barilla, EasyJet, Enel, Jack Daniels, Natwest, Pfizer, Sky, just to name a few.
Some of the sectors they operate in are: AI, Cybersecurity, E-commerce, Energy, Experiences industry, Fashion Tech, Fintech, FoodTech, Gaming, IoT, Marketplaces, Proptech, Retail, Rentals, Saas, Sports, HealthTech, Travel, VR.
Bespoke programmes for Public Administrations
TechItalia can help in fostering innovation for the Italian and regional tech ecosystems by developing and implementing bespoke acceleration programmes and bootcamps.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To support selected companies with masterclass, 1to1 mentoring sessions and events to define the business strategy.
- To allow selected companies to analyse the UK market, validate their business proposition and foster commercial relations.
- To refine the investor proposition and verify the possibility of raising funds in the UK.
The programme can last between 3 days and 3 months and it can be organised in London, in Italy, remotely or a combination of the above.
We have already delivered one Bootcamp for the Sardinia Region in 2018 and two acceleration programmes in 2019 for the Italian Ministry for Economic Development (Ministero Italiano dello Sviluppo Economico), in partnership with the Italian Trade Agency.
Until today we have supported 74 companies, 24 of which during the above mentioned programmes. Participating startups have always rated as Excellent our programmes, creating tangible results. All participants found the programme especially valuable to assess the UK market to then implement the correct expansion strategy.